Thursday, March 19, 2020

Design and Layout 101 Wk 11

Welcome to a new day. I'm going to keep this going. Some days I will have videos, while other days I will not. Google Drives only holds so much. YouTube has copyright laws. I'll try and do what I can on here.

To turn work in, please email me: alissa_a@creativecenter.edu. If that doesn't work try: anapeladay@gmail.com. You can call me at: 402 898 1000 x211. I also respond well to FB messenger.

This is the Syllabus for the class. I took out all the first 1/2 of the course to make it easy to see what we're doing.



Logos:

Our first assignment this part of the semester is to work on 2 logos for one company: One will be Typographic, while the other will be Descriptive.

Please review this PDF to understand the 10 Criteria for Logo Development, and the 3 types of logos. We're not doing a Symbolic logo.



This is the Logo Assignment Sheet!

Due Today:

Research! Send me an email with 3 hyperlinks. 1 should be of your company, 2 more should be competitor's logos. No images needed, for this. Again just copy and paste me links. I do need 5 thumbnails for a Typographic Logo, and 5 thumbnails for a Descriptive Logo. This should be for the same company - your company can be found below - the assignment sheet. I do need a scanned copy of your thumbnails sent to me. You can send the 3 reference links and 10 thumbnails all at once.  



Students Pick one of these companies to do two logos: Descriptive and Typographic. Remember we do not have time, for Symbolic. Do not do both companies. Some companies have ok looks, while some are horrible. Your job is to make things better for them. 

Jessica Bishop Towel Treat or Paper Source

Alyna Chadwick Dermablend or Lulu Junior

Alayna Clement Strider Bikes or Oren's Kitchen

Maddie Coe Blanchards Coffee or Super Fly Kids

Emma Downey Piczzle or Cado

Dylan James Heaston Old Time Candy or My Lucky Fortune

Evan Jahn Crocodile Creek or Dr. Jacobs Naturals

Haily Judd Chocomize or Rejuvenation

Calvin Marcoe Old Town Canoes and Kayaks or Famous Smoke Shop

Deshaun Mitchell Perpetual Kid or Grainger

Shauna Spencer Karma Kiss or Folkmanis Puppets

Hunter Stewart Shari's Berries or Froy

Rachel Telpner Retro Planet or Aussan Natural

Ed Torres Madsen Bikes or Artifact Aprons

Logo Examples:



Logos are used different ways:







The final two logos will be done in Illustrator. We will be taking one logo into InDesign after this assignment to create a stationery set for the company.

Watch this movie: Ok so you'll really love this movie! It's so funny! Count the logos used in it. Just kidding that will never happen, there's so many! BUT I do pre apologize for the language. It won an award, for best short film, so I have to show it.

Logorama from Marc Altshuler on Vimeo.

Reading Assignment: Graphic Design Solutions Pages 180 - 212. You can come in to get your book.

No comments:

Post a Comment